Avi over at Doctor’s Girlfriend has tagged me for a meme about my plans, wishes, hopes, for 2008.
1. Will you be looking for a new job?
I am always looking for a new job. I am perpetually restless. Part-time work tends to instil that feeling in you as you tend to be overlooked for the really fulfilling duties.
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
Only if Christian Bale suddenly becomes available.
3. New house?
I would like to buy my own house but Sydney prices now average out at around $700,000 for a 2-3 bedroom house, so I plan to stay where I am until the landlord kicks me out.
4. What will you do differently in 2008?
If I really don’t feel good or right about doing something I will say ‘No’ straight away. Sometimes I have the ‘disease to please.’
5. New Year’s resolution?
To act with grace.
6. What will you not be doing in 2008?
Worrying about every little thing. This will be difficult for me to do but I have realised that excessively worrying gets you nowhere in the end.
7. Any trips planned?
I’d like to go to Melbourne or the North Coast of NSW but so far I haven’t planned anything.
I’ve been married for 17 years, so it won’t be mine. But I am hoping a close friend will finally tie the knot.
9. Major things on your calendar?
Nothing major, just lots of minors.
10. What can’t you wait for?
Paris Hilton’s next album. No, seriously. Her last one was better than sleeping pills.
11. What would you like to see happen differently?
I’d like my sister to be treated as if she is a human being by her husband.
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
How long have you got?
13. What happened in 2007 that you didn’t think would ever happen?
I started blogging. It has opened up a brand new world.
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
I usually am nice to them until they eat all my chocolate that I have deliberately hidden in-between two never-used cookbooks in the pantry (You Too Can Swiss Fondue and 101 Ways with Sausage Mince.)
15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 2007?
Probably not. The ‘I-Am-Not-A-Bag-Lady’ look works quite well for me.
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
I haven’t been able to drink much for years due to a chronic health condition. I pretty much don’t drink at all as it is.
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
I have a good relationship with my parents but I would like to resolve some issues with my sisters.
18. Will you be nice to people you don’t know?
It depends on whether or not they are trying to sell me something.
19. Do you expect 2008 to be a good year for you?
I think it’ll be fair to middling.
20. How much did you change from this time last year until now?
In some ways I became more disenchanted, in other ways I became more accepting.
21. Do you plan on having a child?
Not at my age, although many people still do it. I would have liked to have another child, however; I think it would have been good for Jake. Sadly, it was not meant to be.
22. What are/were your plans for New Year’s Eve?
Watch the fireworks at Sydney Harbour, light sparklers, cheer a lot, then go home and sleep.
23. Will you/ did you have someone to kiss at midnight?
The kisses were flying thick and fast.
24. One wish for 2008….
To keep finding a reason to get out of bed in the mornings.
That was fun, Avi.
I tag David, Ms Karen, Daoine, Groovy and Gypsy, but only if you are meme-inclined…..