The air is thick with the meme. Roshan over at Awake And Dreaming has tagged me for a Personal Meme.
The rules are :
* link to the person who tagged you
* post the rules on your blog
* share six non-important things/ habits/ quirks about yourself
* tag at least 3 people at the end of the post and link to their blogs
* let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
SIX OF ME QUIRKS :
1. I am obsessed with the freshness of food. I am constantly smelling it and checking use-by dates. When I go to someone’s place for dinner I surreptitiously steal a sniff of the food before I eat it. I’m frightened I’m going to be caught doing it.
2. I can read and write Italian but can’t speak it fluently. I studied it throughout High School and at University as part of my degree and even though I have read Dante in Italian I come out in a cold sweat if I have to speak Italian to an actual Italian!
3. I taught myself how to play the piano in my twenties and can play anything from Blues to Beethoven. I did have a distinct advantage though because I had studied Classical guitar for 15 years so I could already read music.
4. I wear Doc Marten boots with skirts and dresses because I know it unnerves my well-heeled friends. (Actually, I like the look and it is very comfortable. I have a great pair I got in London with platform heels that lace right up to the knee. Whenever I wear them I feel like Lara Croft or Xena.) They think I’m going to insist they play The Sex Pistols over dinner.
5. I am obsessed with poetry. I read it every day. I carry some of my favourite poets in my bag when I go out. It is like walking around with a Bible. My faves at the moment include: Anne Sexton, Jack Gilbert, Les Murray, Ted Hughes and the Bronte sisters. Poetry brings me joy.
6. I talk to my goldfish in a silly little goldfish voice. They actually respond. (Contrary to popular belief, research indicates that goldfish are pretty smart.) They talk back to me and wiggle their tails. Sometimes when I am feeling stressed I sit with them and seeing their lovely colours and the way they glide through the water calms me!
There, all done.
Now I tag three people I’d love to learn more about : Heather at I’m Not Hannah
Keith at Travelrat’s Travels and
Bonnie at Bonnie’s Books
Hope you don’t mind me tagging you, guys, but I’d love to hear your responses!