April over at Desperate Writer tagged me ages ago for this meme.
Sorry it’s taken me so long to get around to doing it, April.
Anyway, here it is –
Seven things you might not know about me:
1. I would like to drive all the way around the USA in this car
Aaaah, Dodge Viper, when will you be mine?
2. I like to listen to early blues guitarists for their simplicity and purity of sound. My favourite by far is the legendary Son House.
3. My favourite singer of all time is Gladys Knight. I don’t have a will but everyone I know is aware that I want some Gladys played at my funeral, preferably the rare acoustic version of Midnight Train to Georgia I found in a record shop in London.
4. When I was a teenager I used to shoplift on a regular basis. I did it because my father was so controlling. I think I wanted to get caught so he would be embarrassed. I never did get caught, oddly enough, probably because I looked like such a goody goody. The largest item I ever stole was a pair of two hundred dollar boots. I just put them on and walked nonchalantly out of the shop. I sometimes find this maverick part of my character to be alarming.
5. I have an irrational fear of ventriloquist dummies. One of my Irish Aunts worked in the theatre and kept a VD in a suitcase under her bed. Its manic fixed expression and little wooden hands freaked me out straight away. One night I stayed over at her place and had to sleep in her bed. I am sure I heard it shuffling around under the bed in the middle of the night.
6. I can’t sew. I can manage buttons but they’re usually all lop-sided. I was the only girl in my school to be asked to leave needlework class due to incompetence. I think that’s why I am obsessed with Project Runway. Those people are my heroes.
7. I saved a little boy’s life once. In a restaurant. He was choking on a chicken bone. His mother started to scream and shake him. I did the Heimlich on him. The chicken bone flew across the room with the force of an arrow. The little boy threw up on my shoes. I was thankful I didn’t crack one of his ribs.
So there you have it. Seven little known pieces of trivia about me. It was fun coming up with them.
Please feel free to carry out this meme if you would like to. I enjoyed it!