Vic over at Little Bits gave me this award. I am delighted because Vic is very much a superior scribbler herself. She is in the midst of writing what I think will be a great novel. I am very excited about it for her.
Recipients of this award are supposed to nominate five people to give this award to but I would like to nominate everyone on my blogroll because really, all of you are superior scribblers and I couldn’t narrow it down to just five of you.
Thank you, Vic. I am really honoured.
Poet With A Day Job has tagged me with this meme which I think has something to do with Facebook. Many of you will be shocked to hear this but I have never even been on Facebook. I am probably missing out on lots of fun stuff. Oh, well…
The rules are: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
1. Whenever I buy canned food from the supermarket I indulge my inner obsessive-compulsive and feel all over the can for any dents. If I find a dent I don’t buy the can. I am worried if there is a dent that the food will have gone off. Tuna and listeria sandwich, anyone?
2. I believe that real people can at times act as real angels with unexpected gestures of kindness or compassion. Those little things from the human angels I have met have actually saved my life.
3. I would wear my PJs all day if I could
4. I am not afraid of spiders at all but am terrified of flying cockroaches. One flew up my skirt once and ever since then – uuuuggghhhh. The Sydney cockroaches are too big for comfort.
5. I am attracted to men who work with their hands, especially carpenters. I think it’s the short shorts and the tool belt!!
6. I am indebted to my friend, Kate, who has given me the inspiration to write a young adult novel. I am in the middle of it right now. If I succeed in getting it published I will have to give Kate half of whatever I get….
7. I wish I had been married in Las Vegas
8. I wish I’d been born under a bad sign. It sounds so rock and roll!!
9. The older I get the more I love animals. I wish I could save every endangered species in the world and give a home to every abandoned animal.
10. Every time I write something I try to work in the word capitulate because I love the sound of it so much. Capitulate, capitulate….but placing it in the right context has proved to be elusive
11. I have very long hair and am obsessed with buying things to tie it up with even though I rarely use any of them. I tend to use the same old black band thingy over and over again
12. I have accepted that is no longer environmentally responsible to cling to my dream of getting a car with a V8 engine – either a Holden Monaro or a BMW 540i *sigh*
13. I wish I was a songwriter
14. I often feel like I’m not good enough
15. When I was a kid I thought the frontal lobe was a sexual organ
16. My favourite quote of all time is by the writer, Virginia Woolf –
The beauty of the world, which is so soon to perish,
has two edges, one of laughter, one of anguish,
cutting the heart asunder.
I’m not going to tag anyone, but if anyone would like to do this, please feel free.