Gel very kindly bestowed on me the Honest Scrap Award.
Thanks very much, Gel!!
In return for the award I have to write 10 honest and interesting facts about myself.
Mmmm, where to begin…..
1. I don’t like it when people talk about me, even if it is well meaning, especially if they say things like :’I am really worried about you so I was talking about you with so and so the other day.’ I don’t like the state of my life being pondered by people I barely know.
2. I nursed an orphaned baby wombat back to health when I was 16. It was during the school holidays so I could be with him all day long. I didn’t tell my Mum because I know she wouldn’t have approved. He slept in my closet at night. Trouble is, wombats like to dig and can actually dig through carpet and floorboards. The floor of my closet was full of holes. I told my Mum we had termites!
3. I was the Spelling champion in High School for 6 years running. They called me Little Dic (a bit cheeky, I know), short for Dictionary. My favourite word to get me over the line and beat Marybeth Yates who thought she was all that, was verisimilitude.
4. I lied to a priest when I was 7. In the confessional booth. I hadn’t committed any really good sins and with my penchant for drama and an urge to repent I told him I had stolen Louise MacDonald’s brand new ladybird pencil case. He made me say two Our Fathers and four Hail Marys. Louise lost the pencil case four days later.
5. I am good at keeping secrets. I have some secrets in my cache of secrets that are 20 years old.
6. I like a lot of arthouse films but sometimes watch more mainstream romantic flicks like Knocked Up and really enjoy them. However, I would never dare tell my film buff friends. They would scoff.
7. I am really interested in other people’s fetishes. I love to hear about people who sniff shoes or steal underwear off washing lines. I think I have a fetish about fetishes.
8. Every week I read the Adult Services Classifieds in the back of the local paper. I wonder which ones are made up and which ones are real. My favourite this week is:
Busty and playful
9. I hate it when interior designers on TV (or in real life) go on about what a fabulous space this is. It’s a room, goddamn you, it’s a room.
10. Sometimes when I read the work of my fellow bloggers (especially their fiction and poetry) I am blown away by how good it is and I get a little tear in my eye then spend all night wishing they would get the recognition they deserve.
Anyone else feel like revealing some interesting and honest tidbits today? Please accept this award if you do!!