I’m starting a new thing every Sunday. I read some fantastic blog posts every week. Some make me laugh, some make me cry; all make an impression on me.
Every Sunday I am going to list my Top Ten Favourite Posts of the week. They won’t be rated from highest to lowest but will all be posts that have stayed with me for some reason. Some of them come from blogs I have subscribed to and comment on regularly, others I have come across on news sites or via random surfing of the web.
So here they are –
1. Hilly from Snackie’s World has written a post entitled Project 2,966 – Remembering John Andreacchio. I read this today and five or six hours later I am still crying about it. There really are no words to describe the sadness.
2. Julie Zickefoose has written of the potential destruction of the habitat of the beautiful Cerulean Warbler through mountaintop removal mining in her post entitled Tear That Mountain Down. It broke my heart to read this. How can we bear to possibly lose these little birds?
3. I have just started reading Margaret & Helen’s blog. They are elderly ladies who have been best friends for 60 years and they just tell it like it is. You have to include this blog on your reading list – it is hilarious but also quite thought-provoking. Read their thoughts on US healthcare reform in their post A Buttload of Moolah.
4. Petrea at Pasadena Daily Photo spoke of her sorrow over the deliberately lit Station Fire in LA County and the destruction of the landscape in her post Mourning. The horror of this spans the globe. There is a fire burning on the south coast of my state right now that was deliberately lit. There really are some people in this world for whom there is no hope.
5. Ben Cruachan – Natural History is one of my favourite Aussie nature blogs. Check out some beautiful Australian flora in the post Springtime On The Avon#3.
6. Vic from Little Bits wrote a great post on appreciating the simple things in life which I also thought was a nice portrait of life in London. It’s called The Simple Things.
7. Who doesn’t love kitties? The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee gets me every time. Love that Charlene Butterbean and this post called Arthur and the Bean. Now that really is a cute overload.
8. Miss Britt wrote a very wise and moving post about dealing with emotional pain – about facing it, about accepting it, about knowing that eventually it will end. I needed to read that this week. So badly. How did she know? It is called In Which I Quote Dora and the Bible and Reassure You That I’m Fine. Basically.
9. I love the photography at Today Is Pretty. Sheri talks of the change of the seasons and of a little phoebe that comes to visit her same time every year in her gorgeous post Autumn Calling. I am in love with that photo.
10. Last but definitely not least is Lauri from Thoughts From Botswana who wrote such a moving post about being a white woman living in Africa that I have been thinking about it all week. You have to go and read it. You just have to. It is called Does Africa Have A Song For Me?
I hope that if you have the time to check out these posts that you enjoy them as much as I did.
I’ll fill you in on more of my favourites next week.